Chicken Drumstick Paprikash
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs. meaty chicken pieces drumsticks
- 1 tbs. cooking oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 3 to 4 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 8-oz. carton dairy sour cream
- 2 tbs. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles or rice
- Skin chicken. Rinse chicken; pat dry. In a 12-inch skillet cook chicken in hot oil about 15 minutes or till lightly browned, turning to brown evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add onion and paprika to skillet; cook till onion is tender. Return chicken to skillet, turning pieces to coat with paprika mixture.
- Add broth and wine to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 35-40 mins. or till chicken is tender and no longer pink. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- For sauce, skim fat from pan juices. Measure 1 1/2 cups juices, adding water if necessary.
- In a mixing bowl stir together sour cream and flour; gradually stir into pan juices. Pour into skillet. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Spoon some of the sauce over chicken; pass remaining sauce. Serve with hot cooked noodles or rice.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0