Chicken Chow Mein
- 1/2 lb Dried or fresh egg noodles
- 1/4 lb Boneless chicken breasts,skinned
- 2 ts Light soy sauce
- 2 ts Rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 T. Oil, preferably peanut; plus
- 1 ts Oil, preferably peanut
- 1 ts Finely chopped garlic
- 2 oz Snow peas; trimmed
- 1 oz Smithfield ham or prosciutto -finely shredded
- 1 ts Light soy sauce
- 1/2 ts Granulated sugar
- 1 T. Finely chopped scallions
- 2 ts Sesame oil
- If you’re using fried noodles, cook according to package instructions.
- Cool in cold water until you’re ready to use.
- If you’re using fresh Chinese noodles, boil them for 3-5 minutes, then immerse in cold water.
- Using a cleaver or sharp knife, slice chicken into shreds 2″ long.
- Mix chicken with the 2 teaspoons of light soy sauce and rice wine or sherry in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Let chicken marinate at room temperature about 10 minutes.
- Heat a wok or large skillet.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil & chicken shreds.
- Stir-fry about 2 minutes, then transfer to a plate. Clean the wok.
- Drain noodles, shaking off as much water as possible.
- Reheat pan, add 1 T. of oil & garlic.
- Stir-fry for 10 seconds, add snow peas & ham.
- Stir-fry about 1 minute, add noodles, sugar, 1 t. of soy sauce and scallions.
- Continue to stir-fry about 2 minutes, then return chicken to noodle mixture.
- Continue to stir-fry about 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add the sesame oil & give the mixture a few final stirs.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0