- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 4 14 ½ oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 large onion — chopped
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 4.5 oz. cans chopped green chilies
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper — seeded and chopped
- Sort and wash beans. Place beans, chicken broth, onion, garlic, pepper,
oregano, cumin, and ground cloves in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours or until tender.
- Stir in chicken, chilies, water, salt, and jalapeño; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 1 hour.
- Serve with desired condiments.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0