Chicken In Champagne And Mushroom Sauce
- 1 chicken, about 4 lb, cut into 12 serving pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 12 tarragon leaves
- Salt and Freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup brut Champagne
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 lb very fresh mushrooms
- Remove the skin from the chicken pieces and make incisions in the flesh. Put the chicken, shallot and tarragon into a 10 1/4 inch nonstick sauté pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the Champagne. Bring to a boil over low heat. Stir, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream, arrowroot and mustard.
- After the chicken has cooked for 30 minutes, pour this mixture into the pan and cook, covered, for another 15 minutes over low heat.
- Meanwhile, cut off the mushroom stems level with the caps and discard them. Wash the caps, pat dry and finely slice.
- Add to the pan after 45 minutes’ cooking time and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring often.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0