Chicken and Carrots in a Cream Sauce
- 4 large chicken thighs
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 8oz carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1oz butter
- 1oz plain flour
- 8oz small mushrooms
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and pepper
- Put the chicken pieces and carrots in a pan with onion and cover with water and thyme. Bring to the boil and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and carrots from the pan and keep warm. Reserve the chicken stock and discard the onion and thyme.
- Melt the butter in the pan and stir in the flour. Gradually add 300ml (1/2 pint) of the reserved chicken stock to make a sauce. Add the sliced mushrooms, chicken portions, carrots and lemon rind and bring up to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Blend the cream and egg yolk. Turn off the heat and add to the pan, stirring all the time.
Adjust the seasoning and spoon into a warmed serving dish. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0