- 3 pounds of chicken pieces
- 2 medium onions, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 8-oz. can of Italian tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. crushed oregano
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup sauterine wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Slowly brown chicken in olive oil, remove; add onions and garlic until tender but not browned.
- Combine remaining ingredients except wine. Cover and simmer about one hour, so flavors can marry and sauce is thick.
- Add chicken, pour sauce over, cover and simmer another 45 minutes.
- Stir in wine, cook uncovered, turning chicken occasionally, about another 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and sauce is thick
Share & Print
0 0 100 0