Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Chicken Livers and Mushrooms
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 chicken livers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 slice white bread, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 large tomato, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Remove the flap of meat in the center of each breast. Butterfly the breast by slicing on the bias for about 3/4 of an inch and open the breast up, like the pages of a book.
- Pound each breast slightly to flatten. Pound each fillet lightly. Pepper each piece of chicken.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan and briefly sauté 1/4 cup of the onion.
- Add 1/2 cup of the mushrooms and continue to sauté, stirring, until the vegetables are wilted but not brown.
- Add the chicken livers, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Sauté for another couple of minutes.
- Stir in the bread cubes. Add the water and blend. Add the chopped parsley and basil and mix well.
- Place a quarter of the stuffing in the center of each breast and pat it down lightly. Place the fillet over each mound of stuffing.
- Fold the skin at the head of the breast towards the center. Fold each side of the breast towards the center to complete the envelope.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic, remaining mushroom and onion and briefly sauté. Add the tomato, zucchini, thyme, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Push the vegetables toward the edge of the pan and place the chicken packages seam side down in the middle of the pan. Add the wine and bouillon to cover.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken to a platter and keep it warm.
- Reduce the liquid in the pan over high heat until it is 1/2 its original volume. Swirl in the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Spoon the sauce over and around the chicken and serve garnished with the parsley.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0