Chicken Breasts in Phyllo
- 1 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 1 C green onion, chopped
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dry tarragon
- 12 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- Salt and pepper
- 24 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 1/3 C. butter, melted
- 1/3 C fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Combine mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, garlic and tarragon to make sauce.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Place a sheet of phyllo on working surface. Brush with 2 T butter. Place second phyllo sheet on top. Brush with butter.
- Spread 1 1/2 T sauce on each side of a chicken breast.
- Place breast in one corner of phyllo sheets.
- Fold corner over breast, then fold sides over and roll up in sheet to form a package.
- Place in ungreased baking dish.
- Repeat for each breast.
- Brush all packets with rest of butter, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- If desired, tightly seal dish and freeze for future use. Thaw completely before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0