Chicken Breasts with Dried Apricots and Cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 6 chicken breasts, on the bone
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chicken fresh or canned stock or broth
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a saucepan, heat the wine just to the boiling point. Remove from the heat, add the apricots, and let soak for 10 minutes. Drain, reserving the wine and apricots separately
- In a large, heavy casserole, arrange the chicken pieces, skin-side up. Sprinkle the onion, coriander, cumin, paprika, dry mustard, cinnamon, salt, pepper, plumped apricots, and cranberries over the chicken.
- Combine the reserved wine and stock and pour over all.
- Cover the casserole tightly and bake until the chicken is very tender, 50 to 60 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0