Chicken Breast Satay
- 1 t. turmeric
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, trimmed of skin and fat and cut into 1″x4″ strips not more than 1/4″ thick
- bamboo skewers
- peanut sauce
- 1/2″ piece fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 to 2 serrano or other hot chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup fresh or canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 to 3 T. fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 T. fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 t. sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilanto
- Combine turmeric, salt, and coconut milk in a bowl. Add chicken strips, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare peanut sauce and soak the bamboo skewers in cold water.
- Drain chicken and thread strips onto skewers. Cook on grill over hot coals or under broiler until just cooked through, 1 or 2 minutes per side. Serve with a bowl of peanut sauce on the side.
Peanut Sauce Instructions
- Combine ginger root, chiles, garlic, and green onions in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0