Chicken Breast Paprikas
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red pepper, cored, seeded and finely sliced
- 4-6 teaspoons paprika (preferably imported), or to taste
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup no-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Wash and dry chicken, and trim any fat. Cut breasts across the grain on the diagonal into 1/4-inch slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large nonstick pan or skillet. Add onion, garlic and pepper. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are very soft and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add paprika and tomato after 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and sauté 1 minute. Stir in bay leaf, stock and most of the sour cream, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish. Gently simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is nicely thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf and add salt, pepper and paprika. Transfer paprikas to plates or a platter.
- Garnish with dollops of sour cream sprinkled with paprika or parsley. Serve over noodles or rice.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0