- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8 oz each) — cut in 1″ chunks
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 medium ribs celery — cut in 1/2″ dice
- 2 tablespoons (about) green onion — chopped
- 1 cup mandarin oranges — drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- green leaf lettuce
- 2 avocados — pitted, peeled, each cut into 10 equal slices
- sliced almonds — optional
- cantaloupe and kiwi slices
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange juice, cayenne pepper,
sugar and cinnamon; mix well.
- Arrange chicken chunks in casserole. Dissolve garlic powder and bouillon cubes in water; pour over chicken, cover and bake at 250 degrees approximately 40 minutes, or until chicken is tender but firm. Remove from oven and cool in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile prepare dressing; set aside momentarily or refrigerate until needed.
- In large mixing bowl, combine celery, green pepper, onion, oranges and raisins; toss. Add dresssing. Drain chicken and add to mixture. Toss lightly but thoroughly.
- To serve, arrange leaf lettuce on each of 4 serving plates. Arrange 5 avocado slices on each plate; top avocado with 1 cup of the chicken mixture, sprinkle with sliced almonds. Serve with cantaloupe and kiwi slices.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0