Cherokee Pepper Pot Soup
- 1 lb Venison or beef short ribs Or shanks
- 2 qt Water 2 lg Onions, quartered
- 2 Ripe tomatoes, seeded and Diced
- 1 lg Sweet bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 c Fresh or frozen okra
- 1/2 c Diced potatoes
- 1/2 c Sliced carrots
- 1/2 c Fresh or frozen corn Kernels
- 1/4 c Chopped celery
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Put meat, water, and onions in a heavy soup kettle.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 hours. Remove meat, let cool, and discard bones, returning meat to pot.
- Stir in remaining vegetables and simmer, partially covered for 1 1/2 hours. Season with salt and pepper
Share & Print
0 0 100 0