Cheesy Spoon Bread
- 3/4 cup Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- COMBINE dry milk and corn meal in large saucepan. Stir in water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, egg yolks, margarine, and baking powder.
- BEAT egg whites in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into corn meal mixture lightly but thoroughly. Pour into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden and filling is set. Serve warm.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0