Cheesy Kohlrabi Stew
- 4 medium-sized kohlrabi, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 pound new potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup half-n-half or evaporated skim milk
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- In a large pot, boil potatoes in enough water to cover them for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet and sauté onions until transparent. Add the kohlrabi and sauté briefly. Pour half the broth over the kohlrabi and braise for 15 minutes over low heat with cover on. Mix flour in remaining broth, and add to kohlrabi. Continue cooking until sauce thickens.
- Drain the potatoes; let cool and then peel and slice. Mix potatoes into sauce and add salt, sugar, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks, half-n-half, and cheese. Stir this custard into vegetables.
- Garnish with chopped marjoram before serving
Share & Print
0 0 100 0