- 2 cups (500 ml) cheese, grated
- 2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) corn oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 cup (250 ml) cold water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF (190 ºC).
- In a bowl, mix first 5 ingredients. Gradually blend in water, stirring to a soft dough.
- With a rolling pin, flatten dough into a rectangle, 1/8 -inch thick. Cut into strips, 6-inch long by 1/2-inch wide. Twist.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk.
- Transfer cheese twist to a greased baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Lightly brown in oven 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0