Cheese and Trees Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/3 lbs potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen, chopped broccoli, , , thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In 2 to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion; saute 5 minutes. Add potatoes, water and bouillon cubes.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of potato cubes with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Pour contents of saucepan into container of electric blender.
- Holding lid down tightly, blend until smooth; return to saucepan. Alternately, blend with an immersion blender straight in the pot until smooth. Mix in reserved potatoes and the broccoli.
- Over medium-low heat gradually add cheese, stirring until heated through and cheese is completely melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0