Cheese Puff Muffins
1 cup shortening
2 cups boiling water
1 cup sifted flour
1 teaspoon Rumford Baking Powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 cup grated American Cheese
1. Heat shortening and water to boiling point.
2. Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder, salt and cayenne together and pour into liquid mixture. Stir vigorously until the mixture clings together in mass and leaves the sides of the pan.
3. Beat in the cheese.
4. Cool to lukewarm.
5. Drop in unbeaten eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is smooth.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake in a moderate oven (375° F.) 35 minutes.