- 2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in 3 pieces
- 1 oz. dried fine breadcrumbs
- 6 oz. feta, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsps. thinly sliced spring onion
- 2 tsps. fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 olives, drained
- Lemon wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a seasoned 9″ omelette pan. Sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes over a medium low heat and discard.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the pan and fry until pale golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Lightly whisk together the eggs, cheese and pepper and pour over the breadcrumbs, tilting the pan to distribute evenly.
- When the omelette is lightly set, lift one edge with a spatula to allow any liquid egg to flow underneath.
- Slide the omelette out on to a warm plate and return to pan the other way up. Cook for 20 seconds longer or until set and invert on to a warm serving plate.
- Chop the parsley, spring onion and oregano together and sprinkle the mixture over the omelette, along with the olives.
- Serve immediately with the lemon wedges and with a tomato or bean salad, or beetroot salad.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0