Cheese and Jalapeno Grits Casserole
- 1 lb old cheddar cheese, grated (smoked gouda is nice also)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 to 6 jalapenos, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup hot grits
- Perheat oven to 350.
- Butter a cassarole dish-8 1/2 x 11 Place the hot grits in a large bowl and stir in the cheese, butter, cayenne, garlic, salt and jalapeno peppers.
- Whisk the eggs well and stir into the grit mixture.
- Pour into the cassarole dish and bake until set and lightly browned, around 45 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0