Cheese and Herb Corn Muffins
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, minced or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried herbs of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the beaten egg with the oil and buttermilk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stil until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the grated cheese and herbs
- Divide the batter amont 12 lightly oiled or paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of one tests clean.
- Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container as soon as the muffins are at room temperature.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0