Cheese And Carrot Slice
- 4oz cheese – (preferably red leicester or cheddar)
- 6oz rolled or porige oats
- 1 egg
- 1 onion – grated or very finely chopped
- 1oz melted margarine or butter
- 2 oz carrots grated
- 1/2 tsp rosemary or mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate cheese, carrots, onions – dead quick in food processor melt butter or marge gently, add all to porridge or oats in large mixing bowl, add rest of ingredients, mix well until thoroughly blended (If it seems rather dry add more butter or oil to make it all sticky)
- line small roasting tray with tin foil and grease well, spoon mix into this and press down pack in tightly with a potato masher.
- cook on high for about 40 minutes – watch for burning (if it gets too dark cover with more foil).
- cool and turn out on to cooling tray when slightly firmer.
- cut into slices – size your choice. great for nibbles – serve hot or cold
Share & Print
0 0 100 0