Time to make:
35 minutes baking
Calories per Servings:
Calories: 125, Fat: 3 g, Protein: 5 g, Carbohydrate: 19 g, Cholesterol: 6 mg, Sodium: 109 mg.
- 1 pkg dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups bread flour, divided
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
STEP BY STEP:
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand 5 minutes
- Add 1 cup flour, mustard, oil, salt, and pepper to the yeast mixture and stir until smooth
- Then add 1 3/4 cups flour and cheese. Stir to form soft dough
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic
- Coat large bowl with cooking spray and place dough in bowl. Flip dough to coat with spray
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk
- Punch dough down and turn out onto a lightly floured surface
- Roll dough into a 14×7-inch rectangle. Roll up rectangle tightly starting with a short edge, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets and pinch ends to seal
- Place roll seam side down in a 9×5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray
- Cover and let rise 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Preheat oven to 375º.
- Uncover dough and bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
If bread sticks to hands while forming dough, gradually sprinkle remaining flour on dough.