Cheese Bran Muffins
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- In small bowl, combine cereal and buttermilk.
- In medium bowl, beat egg until frothy and stir in oil and cereal mixture.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Make a well in centre and pour batter into well. Stir to moisten. Batter will be lumpy.
- Fill greased muffin cups > full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Note: Nice when served warm, but let stand 5 minutes first.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0