Cheese And Beer Soup
- 1 c Finely chopped bacon
- 1/2 Green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 c Chopped celery
- 1/2 medium Onion, chopped fine
- 2/3 c Flour
- 1 Stick butter
- 3 qt Milk
- 1 Pimiento, drained and chopped
- 1 c Chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 lb Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 lb Provolone cheese, grated
- 1/2 c Beer
- 1/4 c Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp, remove from pan and reserve.
- In about 3/4 tsp. (2 oz.) of the bacon drippings, sauté bell pepper, onion and celery. Make a roux by mixing flour and butter over a warm burner of the stove. When it starts to brown, add milk slowly, mixing all the while
- Add the mixture of sautéed vegetables, bacon, pimiento, bouillon, and garlic powder. Heat over medium heat. (High will scorch milk). When the milk mixture reaches a medium temperature, add the cheeses and stir until cheeses liquefy.
- Add beer to the soup. Reduce heat to simmer and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Just before removing soup from stove, mix in parsley for color.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Share & Print
0 0 100 0