Chedy’s Vegan Stroganoff
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs portabello mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable butter
- 2 cups coarsely grated onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons tofutti sour cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- cooked noodles or rice (for serving)
- In a large, heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the portabello mushrooms and sauté, stirring frequently, 4-6 minutes until just cooked. Remove the mushrooms and drain on paper towels.
- Melt the veggie butter in the same sauté pan. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the onion-mushroom mixture. Stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the vegeatble broth, and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the mustard, Sour Cream, Cognac, and paprika.
- Return the portabello mushrooms to the pan.
- Mix and serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0