Cheddar Potato Soup
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- seasoned croutons, for garnish (optional)
- minced parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- In a large saucepan, saute’ onion and celery in butter until tender. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree in small batches in a blender until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in the cheese, milk, pepper and paprika.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley and croutons, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0