Cheddar Pear Cobbler
- 2 lbs pears, Halved
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cheddar, Sharp Shredded
- 1/3 cup butter, Melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat the oven to 425 Degrees F.
- Drain the pears, reserving the syrup.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a saucepan and add the syrup and lemon juice. Heat until the syrup thickens then boil for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and add the pears.
- Spoon the pears and the syrup into a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cheddar, mixing well. Add the butter and milk, mixing until well blended.
- Spoon the dough over the pears, then bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Serve hot with Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0