Cheddar, Onion and Bacon Fingers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2/3 cup milk
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cheese, onion, and bacon, mixing well. Add milk all at once to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times. Roll out to an 8 inch square.
- Cut in half crosswise, then cut each half into 6 finger shaped biscuits.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet lightly sprinkled with flour.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Serve warm.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0