Cheddar Date Nut Loaf
- 8 ounces dates, Finely Chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup water, Boiling
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached flour, Sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar, Granulated
- 1 large egg, Well Beaten
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup walnuts, Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the dates and butter in a small bowl and pour the boiling water over them. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the date mixture, egg, cheddar and nuts.
- Mix until just blended and spoon the mixture into a well greased 9 X 5-inch loaf pan.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a rack and cool before slicing.
Note: The flavor improves is the bread stands overnight before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0