Cheddar Crab Quiche
- 12 ounces frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) can white crab meat, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees. Place the thawed hash browns in a prepared dish.
- Using your hands, press the potatoes evenly over the bottom of the dish and then spray the potatoes with non stick spray.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven until the potatoes are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the potato crust from the oven and sprinkle the crab meat and cheese evenly over the crust.
- Combine the egg substitute, milk, onion, dried tomato bits, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a bowl.
- Mix well and slowly pour the mixture over the top and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake the quiche for 15 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 300F and bake until a knife inserted in from the edge comes out clean, 30-35 minutes longer.
- Alow the quiche to rest 10 minutes before cutting.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0