- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4-cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2-tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh or freeze-dried chives
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 2 to 4 tbsp peanut or corn oil
- 1/2-cup sour cream
- Black olive paste or salsa
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt until well blended. Stir in scallions, chives, and Cheddar cheese.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Drop tablespoons of batter into hot oil without crowding and cook, turning once or twice, until both sides are golden brown, about 3 minutes total.
- Remove with a spatula and continue cooking tablespoons of remaining egg mixture, adding more oil as necessary. (If made in advance, refrigerate up to 2 days and reheat for 5 minutes in a 400 ºF oven).
- To serve, top each Cheddar Cloud with 1/2 tsp sour cream and a dab of black olive paste or salsa. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0