Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium-size carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded sharp
- Cheddar cheese (12-oz)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Salt (optional)
- Meat (Optional): 1/4 lb Kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Sauté onion and celery in butter in kettle 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in flour, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes or until vegetables are evenly coated and mixture is bubbly.
- Stir in broth, carrots, and potatoes. Bring to boiling. Lower heat, cover, simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk. Cook over medium heat until almost boiling, but do not boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add pepper and salt, if you wish. Garnish with extra cheese if you want.
Optional Meat: If adding Kielbasa, stir in along with the potatoes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0