Chayote Squash Salad (Salada de Chuchu)
- 1 quart water
- 6 chayote, peeled,cores removed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- Bring the water to a boil in a deep pot.
- Put the chayote squash into the boiling water and boil for 10 minutes; do not overcook. Drain in a colander.
- Slice the squash and place in a salad bowl with garlic, onion, salt, pepper, parsley, oil and vinegar.
- Mix well and refrigerate before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0