Chatzilim – Israeli Eggplan Caviar
- 1 eggplant (large enough to make about 1 cup pulp)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or olive oil
- lettuce leaves
- tomatoes, sliced
- cucumbers, sliced
- Place eggplant above an open flame and let it actually burn on all sides until soft. Cool and peel.
- Mash pulp with a fork until it is like a paste. Add onion, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir in mayonnaise or olive oil or 1 tablespoon of each. Mix well.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf as an appetizer.
- Garnish with slices of tomato and cucumber.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0