- 6 medium Celery roots (about 1lb each)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 or 9 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Wash and peel the celery roots, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place the celery root in a baking dish, dot with the butter and cover. Microwave at high – stirring several times – until the celery root is soft and gives no resistance when pierced with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the celery root to the bowl of a food processor. Add the cream and process until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and white pepper to taste.
Puree can be prepared ahead earlier in the day and reheated
Share & Print
0 0 100 0