Cauliflower Apple Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 medium cauliflower coarsely chopped (reserve some florets for garnish)
- 3 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 6 cups cold chicken stock
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- few drops lemon juice
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in saucepan. When hot, add onion, cover and cook 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower, potatoes and apple, mix well. Sprinkle with parsley, chives, lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 8 minutes over med. heat, stirring twice during cooking.
- Pour in chicken stock and mix well. Cook, partially covered, 20 minutes over med-low heat.
- Pour into food processor, add yogurt, and puree. Add salt and pepper if needed. Transfer to soup tureen and garnish with reserved cauliflower florets (cook these while preparing soup)
Share & Print
0 0 100 0