- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/3 cup finely chopped candied fruit
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1-1/4 cups mini semisweet chips, divided
- 1 prepared pound cake
- 1 tsp. instant coffee, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 6 Tbsp. sweet butter, cut into 8 pieces, chilled
- In bowl, combine ricotta cheese, sugar and liqueur, beat until light and fluffy.
- Fold in candied fruit, 1/4 cup chopped almonds and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Cut pound cake in half horizontally using sharp serrated knife. Cut each half horizontally in half again.
- Place top layer of pound cake, top side down, on serving platter.
- Spread one third ricotta cheese mixture evenly over cake.
- Repeat procedure twice, using two cake layers and remaining ricotta mixture, stack layers. Top with remaining cake layer, press slightly to compact layers.
- Cover with plastic wrap, chill 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 cup chocolate and coffee in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Stir constantly until chocolate is melted. Add butter pieces, one at a time, stirring, until all butter is added and melted.
- Remove from heat and chill. Spread top and sides of cake.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0