Carrot Creamy Soup
- 2 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Onions; Minced
- 5 cups Carrots; Sliced
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Tbs. Port Wine (Non-Alcohol Substitute Grape or Apple Juice)
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Dill; Chopped
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onions, stirring occasionally and cook for 4 or 5-minutes until softened. Stir in carrots and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken stock and increase heat slightly to bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for 30 to 35-minutes. Strain vegetable mixture and reserve the liquid.
- Transfer the solid carrot and onion portion to a blender or food processor, in small batches, if necessary. Add the ricotta cheese and 1 cup of the reserve liquid to be blended, in small proportions, if necessary. Process or blend until smooth. Scrape vegetable puree into the same saucepan and add the remaining reserved liquid.
- If serving hot soup, return the soup to the heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the port or fruit juices and dill. Serve in warmed soup bowls.
- If serving soup cold, prepare as directed and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4-hours prior to serving in order to chill well. Stir in port or fruit juices and dill just before serving.
- Serve in chilled soup bowls.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0