Caramelized Onion Pizza
- 1 large pizza crust
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 pounds onions, thinly sliced (about 3 large ones)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- rosemary or other fresh herbs, snipped
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola, Roquefort, or Stilton olive oil
- Melt butter in sauté pan and add the onions and cook slowly for 30 minutes, until browned. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to drain.
- Preheat oven to 475º. Cover the crust with the onions and distribute the cheese over the onions and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts. Add herbs as desired.
- Transfer to hot oven and bake until crust is golden and walnuts are toasted, about 12 minutes.
- Brush the edge of the crust lightly with the olive oil. Cut and serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0