Caramel Peach Muffins
4 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup cooked or canned drained sliced peaches
1 3/4 cups sifted flour
2 1/2 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup milk
1. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan and cream with the brown sugar. Divide evenly into 12 well greased muffin pans.
2. Cover with two medium thick slices of drained peaches.
3. Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder, and salt together.
4. Cut in 4 tablespoons of shortening.
5. Add the milk, stirring only enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
6. Drop by spoonfuls on top of the peach mixture and bake in a hot oven (425° F.) 18-20 minutes.
7. Turn out of pan at once.
Makes 12 muffins.