Caramel Crunch Apple Pie
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- One 9-inch frozen ready-to-bake deep-dish pie shell, thawed
- 25 vanilla caramels (about 1/2 of a 14-ounce package)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples and 2 tablespoons flour, tossing to coat the apples; spoon into the pie shell.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the caramels and water over medium heat, stirring until the caramels melt and the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the caramel mixture over the apples.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2/3 cup flour, the sugar, cinnamon, and butter, stirring until crumbly. Add the walnuts; mix well. Sprinkle over the pie and place the pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
- Serve warm or allow to cool completely before serving.
- Optional: Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0