Caramel – Brownie Pie
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 1/3 Cup evaporated milk
- 2 (1 ounce squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 Cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 Cup pecan halves
- Combine caramels and evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until caramels melt. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Melt chocolate squares and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. Stir in sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour half of chocolate batter into a greased and floured 9-inch pie plate. Spread half of caramel mixture over chocolate batter. Top with remaining chocolate batter.
- Set remaining melted caramel mixture aside, and keep warm.
- Bake pie at 350ºF for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Top pie with remaining half of caramel mixture. Sprinkle with semisweet chocolate morsels. Let stand 1-minute to soften morsels; swirl top of pie with knife. Garnish with pecan halves. Bake an additional 4-minutes.
- Let pie cool completely on wire rack
- Chill at least 2-hours before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0