Caramel Apple Tart
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 6 apples, each peeled and cut into 16 wedges
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk (less 1%)
- 12 small soft caramel candies
- butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
STEP BY STEP:
- Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, and saute 15 minutes or until tender.
- Add raisins, sugar, and cinnamon, stir well. Remove from heat and let cool
- Coat an 11-inch tart pan with cooking spray. Gently press 1 sheet of phyllo into pan, allowing end to expend over edges; lightly coat phyllo with cooking spray
- Place another sheet of phyllo across first sheet in crisscross design; coat phyllo with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining 4 phyllo sheets. Fold in phyllo to fit pan, and form a rim.
- Bake phyllo shell at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Combine milk and caramels in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat until caramel melts, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Spoon apple mixture into phyllo shell; drizzle caramel mixture over apples.