- 2 large eggplants
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (no. 2) can plum tomatoes
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 (1 pound) can pitted black olives
- 1 (12 ounces) jar Italian olive salad dressing
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and cube unpeeled eggplant. Salt and let stand one hour. Dry. Sauté in oil until soft. Remove.
- Sauté onions and garlic in same oil. Add tomatoes, olives, celery. Cook until celery is tender (15 minutes).
- Add eggplant, capers and pine nuts.
- In another pan heat vinegar and sugar. When dissolved, pour over eggplant mixture.
- Season to taste and cook additional 20 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0