Candy Apple Pie
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup hard cinnamon candy, red hots, about 20 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 – 9 inch baked pie shell
- nondairy whipped topping
- ground cinnamon
- Peel and core the apples. Slice thinly.
- Combine 1-1/2 c apple juice, candies, food coloring, vanilla, and apples in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer until apples are tender, stirring frequently. Combine remaining 1/4 cup apple juice and corn starch; stir into apple mixture, and cook until thickened. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Spread apple mixture into pie shell, and chill for several hours. Before serving, top with cool whip and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0