- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 8-oz can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 8-oz can pizza sauce
- 1 4-oz can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 2-1/2 oz can pitted sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup (4-oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- Brown ground beef and onion in well-seasoned 11 to 12 inch heavy frying pan (with ovenproof handle) over medium coals; Remove to absorbent paper and season with salt.Pour off drippings, leaving pan “greased”.
- Separate triangles of crescent roll dough, place in pan to form circle and press edges together to form bottom crust and 1-inch rim up side of the pan.
- Spread half of pizza sauce over dough; spoon ground beef and onion over sauce. Top with mushrooms, olives, and green peppers.
- Pour remaining sauce over all; Sprinkle with shredded cheese and oregano.
- Place pan in center of grill over medium coals.Place cover on cooker and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Note: If cooked over open grill or coals, cover pan securely with aluminum foil
Share & Print
0 0 100 0