Calfhead Delicious Soup
- 2 or more T. curry powder
- 2 T. salt or to taste
- 1 scant tsp. nutmeg
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 or more T. Kitchen Bouquet (to color dark)
- Make a thickening of:
- 1/2 C. flour or cornstarch
- Prepare head as follows: Soak head to remove blood for a hour in salt water. Remove brains and clean skin off; let whole to cook.
- Scrape tongue and cut from head. Pour boiling water over to remove any impurities. Remove throat. If butcher didn’t remove eyes, do so before cooking. Add water to cover and cook until meat is soft and can be removed from bones. Season.
- Remove tongue and peel or take the top layer off. Ready now to cut up fine and add to pot.
- Mix with water. Add to boiling contents. Serve hot with broken crackers.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0