- 2/3 cup fresh minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves — minced
- 1/3 cup minced green pepper
- 1/4 pound butter
- 2/3 cup minced celery
- 2 cans chopped clams (6.5 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter on high heat in frying pan, add vegetables and sauté until soft and translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir periodically with a wooden spoon.
- Add clams, including the broth, and stir. Season with Worcestershire sauce, cajun seasoning, and onion powder. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper as needed. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Then add bread crumbs.
- Place in clam shells. Garnish with paprika. At this point they may be frozen, tightly wrapped, defrosted in the refrigerator, then cooked.
- Broil for 5 minutes under broiler until browned.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0