Cajeta for Dessert Tostada
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Goat milk
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 dash Baking soda
- Place half the sugar in a small skillet and heat it over medium heat for about seven minutes, stirring it as it melts. It should be a medium golden color and free of lumps. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the two milks and pour 1/4 of the milk into a bowl. Add the cornstarch and baking soda to the bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining sugar to the remaining milk and place over medium heat. Stir occasionally, bringing it just to the boiling point.
- Add caramelized sugar all at once, while stirring vigorously. Add reserved milk, cornstarch and baking soda, and stir well. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 50 to 60 minutes.
- During the last 15 minutes of cooking, cajeta will begin to thicken.
- Stir more frequently at this point to prevent sticking.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0